Singapore company name check – The first thing that is considered by entrepreneurs who would like to start a Singapore company. If you are wondering how to begin your company name search, read on because we have outlined simple steps to make this task easier for you, which will then enable you to immediately proceed with the company registration proper.
Remember, when forming a Singapore company you must choose a unique name. No two companies registered at Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRA) may have the same name. If the name is not unique or is already in use, the ACRA will not allow the company name registration to proceed.
We have based the steps below from Rikvin, leading Singapore corporate services provider and company incorporation specialist. You may follow immediately the steps below or contact Rikvin for further assistance.
Rikvin’s free name check includes:
- Availability Check - Our name check of your proposed company name/s will include name availability and conformity. This ensures that your proposed name doesn't violate any basic rules as laid out by the authorities.
- Two name choices - We recommend that you provide us with two proposed company name choices. Where the first choice is not available; a check will be done on the alternate second choice.
- Notification - will do a preliminary check to see if your preferred name choice is available. Receive an email alert on the outcome of the name check within the same business day. All information is kept confidential.
After you have selected the most appropriate and most unique name for your company, you may already proceed with the business registration by securing the necessary documents and complying with the minimum setup requirements in Singapore.
Minimum Setup Requirements:
- Minimum 1 Shareholder + 1 Resident Director + 1 Company Secretary
- Minimum initial paid-up share capital is S$1
- Singapore Company must have a Singapore registered office address
- Company Name: The company name must be approved by ACRA before the Singapore Company can be incorporated.
- Shareholders: A minimum of at least one corporate or individual shareholding is required.
- Resident Directors: Singapore Private Limited Company must have at least one director who must be an "ordinarily" resident in Singapore.
- Company Secretary: The company secretary must be a natural person who is an "ordinarily" resident in Singapore.
- Share Capital/Paid-up Capital: The minimum paid-up capital for registration of a Singapore company is S$1 or its equivalent in any currencies.
- Registered Address: Every company registered in Singapore is required to have a registered office address. The registered address must be a physical address and cannot be a PO Box.
- Memorandum and Articles of Association: Memorandum and Articles of Association must be lodged with ACRA. Memorandum specifies the activities in which the company may engage whereas the Articles of Association specifies the rules governing the internal management of the company.